CALL FOR PROJECTS:
15.11.2021 - 15.01.2022
For the 2022 edition of ROMANIAN CREATIVE WEEK, the INNOVATIVE FUTURE PLATFORM section will include both a curatorial selection and a selection of projects from CALL FOR PROJECTS.
BE PART OF IT! CREATE & INNOVATE IN A RESPONSIBLE WAY! WE’LL DO THE REST!
You can be part of the IF Platform by applying to Call for Projects!
This initiative opens its doors for young talent to present their collections on the RCW podium and benefit from media exposure, team professionalism and support from strategic partners - in the form of awards and / or scholarships - all these aspects in the context of the large festival dedicated to the creative industries!
IF PLATFORM CALL FOR PROJECTS is for:
● Master's students who are in the first or second year of Master's studies - from any specialization within the Art Universities;
● Young designers already working in the industry, either for their own label or as employees of a brand;
● Creatives from various fields (no Fashion or Art studies are required) who make collections under their own brand and / or have a workshop.
To Apply, please fill in this Form:
The registration period for CALL FOR PROJECTS is:
Some important mentions/clarifications:
● After the January deadline, a jury consisting of RCW team members will select the winning projects, which will be announced in a press release posted on RCW's official website on 20.01.2022. The jury will take into consideration the following criteria: concept, creativity, originality, innovation, technical solutions, theme relevance;
● A mentoring period will follow, in which there will be online meetings with the RCW IF Platform team, related to what the collection will involve and its presentation in the 2022 edition, which will take place between May 20-30;
● The costs related to manufacturing the collection of 7 clothing sets, as well as the trip / accommodation costs will be borne by each participant;
● RCW and FEPIC will cover: the participation costs related to the fashion show, logistics, model groups, makeup and hairstyle - professionals, plus the communication / PR services;
● Industry partners and sponsors will provide valuable feedback, awards and scholarships;
● Depending on the pandemic situation and the restrictions imposed by the authorities, the rules for participating in the event will be communicated in advance, in order to ensure (as at the 2021 edition) a safe working environment for the organizing teams and for all those involved.
About INNOVATIVE FUTURE PLATFORM:
Starting with RCW21, IF Platform aims to support innovative approaches that can help build a responsible future of the Romanian fashion industry.
The section is coordinated by Lucian Broscățean, and the creative consultant is Ioana Ciolacu.
The curatorial selection of the 2021 edition included not only fashion designers, but also stage designers, architects, interior designers, etc., in order to emphasize the complexity of the creative industries.
The collections presented on the RCW podium as well as the outfits that were part of the exhibition "RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW" curated by Ovidiu Buta in the Palace of Culture in Iasi, were part of the creative direction drawn for the entire festival.
The participants of the IF Platform section had the chance to apply to several RCW competitions, and the feedback from the press helped them gain wide media exposure - an important step for future business and creative approaches.
RCW and FEPIC (Federation of Employers of Creative Industries) also covered the costs of participation.
The networking within the festival was important for: generating new projects, including the collection items in editorials and, last but not least for jobs, opportunities, contracts.
A platform of such, dedicated to an innovative future, helps the new generation of creatives.
SUCCESS and we can't wait to discover your projects!